Member Resources > Teacher Of The Year Application
Arlene Broadhurst Martinides created this image in memory of her mother Joan Broadhurst, a long-time GMTA member.
Nomination questions? Contact Robin Engleman, NCTM
5518 Chimney Hollow
Norcross, GA 30093
Phone: (404) 819-5450
This award is presented annually to a member of GMTA in recognition of lifetime achievement as a music teacher, with excellence in teaching, musicianship, professional activity, and service to the community and/or state. Any GMTA member may nominate any other GMTA member for the Teacher of the Year. The GMTA Teacher of the Year will be selected from nominated applicants and entered in the MTNA Teacher of the Year competition.
The following information will be required:
- Teaching/professional achievement
- Number of years of teaching experience
- Evidence of teaching excellence (i.e. students' successes)
- Accomplishments/contributions to MTNA
- Participation in local, state, and/or national MTNA programs
- Community involvement
- Former student and/or parent letter of support
- Professional colleague letter of support
- Nominating letter from the state organization
Nominations must be submitted by Monday, September 9, 2013.
The recipient of the award will submit the following via e-mail:
Once the recipient of the award is notified that individual will be asked to submit a photo and a two page document focusing on one or several teaching tips that he/she has found to be very useful over the years. This document may or may not include musical examples. Teaching Tips from the selected Teacher of the Year will be included online at the GMTA web site.